Diners, Drive-ins and Dives & Dunkin’ Donuts

I (Candace) woke up to the humming of the cars passing on the freeway. This noise was more “soothing” than the noise of the car-alarm sounding bird. Sarah had her ear plugs in so she had a tranquil rest. We woke up at 8:30am, due to the time change, instead of our regular 7:30am wake up time.

We are so efficient at packing now! We did it under an hour. Then, took showers and got ready for a 85 degrees day with 47% humidity, so a hot and sticky day. Thank goodness for air conditioning in the car!

Leaving for Atlanta, GA we didn’t have in mind what we wanted to do. I knew I really wanted to have Dunkin’ Donuts. I found one that was 7 minutes away from our campsite. I ordered a coffee and cinnamon munchkins donuts and Sarah got a fruited iced tea served with mangos, pineapples and peaches and a glazed donut. I was so happy to finally have a Dunkin’ Donut coffee and donut!

So we drove around downtown Atlanta for awhile. We observed that Atlanta State University was in the heart of downtown Atlanta. Sarah and I acknowledged that that was different than we were used to. We are more familiar with colleges being more secluded from the bordering city. Even though, it was cool to see another layout of a college campus.

Our tummies started to rumble for food. So, Sarah found a restaurant from Drive-ins, Diners, and Dives called Silver Skillet. It was a small diner filled with booths of lime green and old fashion diner tables. I also finally got sweet iced tea. One cannot come to the South and not get sweet tea. For lunch, I got hamburger steak with a baked sweet potato, macaroni and cheese, and corn bread. The macaroni and cheese was so fantastic! It was super cheesy and had big shell noodles. Sarah got fried chicken with a garden salad, mashed potatoes and gravy, and biscuits. She said it was okay nothing super spectacular.

On our way to the campsite, Sarah was driving as a truck driver was swerving in and out of the lane. She cautiously stayed away from him. Then he exited off the highway and another car was in front of us who proceeded to do the same thing. Sarah commented, “What is this a drunk driving road?” We both chuckled to one another.


When we got to our supposed campsite, there was no one in the office and the door said campground full. So we quickly looked for another place. We found a KOA so Candace called and reserved the last tent spot. I then proceeded to drive another 30 minutes to get to this campground. Thankfully this campground offers wifi and electric at the tent site. When we looked at the electric outlet it was a different plug then we are used to, so we went to the office and they thankfully gave us an adapter. We were so excited because we would be able to watch a movie online, unfortunately that didn’t work out so well. We kept trying and trying, but the internet connection wasn’t very good. We kept getting a loading sign then it would play for a second and stop again. We were fed up so we just stopped altogether.

Now we are just laying down resting before hitting the sack.

Much Love,

Traveling BumbleBees 🐝


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s